**FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE**
February 3, 2021
Health Department Announces Additional First Dose COVID-19 Vaccine Appointments;
For Phases 1a1, 1a2 and Adults 75+
HAMILTON COUNTY, TN – The Hamilton County Health Department has added a total of 2,924 new first dose Pfizer appointment opportunities to the schedule.
- February 8, 10 & 14 at the Tennessee Riverpark
- February 11 at the CARTA Bus Barn
People in the eligible phases (1a1, 1a2 and adults 75+) are encouraged to visit https://vaccine.hamiltontn.gov/ and make their appointment online. Those who do not have access to the internet can call the appointment call center for assistance:
- First dose appointments: 423-209-5398
- Second dose appointments: 423-209-5399
A Spanish vaccine webpage and Spanish appointment call center are available for residents who speak Spanish.
- Spanish appointment line: 423-209-5384
- Spanish vaccine webpage: Click Here
All three call center lines are open Monday-Friday from 8AM-4PM. Due to high call volume, callers may experience a busy signal and need to hang up and call back.
General COVID-19 questions may be directed to the Health Department’s hotline at 423-209-8383. Hours are Monday-Friday from 8AM-4PM and Saturday 10AM-3PM. Bilingual representatives are available.
Hamilton County’s vaccine distribution is guided by phases according to the State of Tennessee’s Vaccination Plan. Only those eligible in the current phases will be able to make an appointment.
Phase 1a1 includes:
- Hospital/Free-Standing Emergency Department Staff with Direct Patient Exposure and/or Exposure to Potentially-Infectious Materials
- Home health care staff
- COVID-19 mass testing site staff
- Student health providers
- Staff & Residents of Long Term Care Facilities
- (Skilled Nursing Facilities, Assisted Living Centers, Homes for the Aged, DIDD Residential Centers, Group Homes)
- First Responders with Direct Public Exposure including Jailers
- Individuals >18yrs who cannot live independently due to serious chronic medical condition or intellectual or developmental disabilities
Phase 1a2 includes:
- Other Health Care Workers with Direct Patient Exposure
- Primary care providers and staff
- Outpatient specialty providers and staff working with acute patients
- Pharmacists and staff
- Patient transport
- Outpatient therapists
- Urgent visit center providers and staff
- Environmental services
- Oral health providers
- Behavioral health providers
- Outpatient laboratory staff working with COVID-19 specimens
- Funeral/mortuary workers with direct decedent contact
Age Group Bracket:
- 75 years or older, must be Hamilton County resident
- No specific medical conditions are required
Important Information to Know Prior to Appointment
- Do not arrive more than 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment.
- Wear appropriate clothing to get a shot in upper arm
- Bring proof of Hamilton County residency (if applicable)
- Bring proof of Hamilton County employment (if applicable)
- Bring proof of age (if applicable)
- Bring COVID-19 Vaccine Encounter form (if possible; form available for download on registration page)
- Be prepared to wait 20 minutes after shot
- Be prepared for the entire process to take an hour or more
Vaccination Record Card
When patients receive their first dose with the Health Department, they will receive a Vaccination Record Card with the following important information.
- The vaccine manufacturer (either Moderna or Pfizer)
- The date the first dose of vaccine was given
- The date the second vaccine dose is due
It is important to keep the Vaccination Record Card because when making the appointment for the second dose of vaccine, it helps ensure the correct product is received and in the correct timeframe. The current recommendation is that second dose vaccinations be received either on or after the recommended date on the Vaccination Record Card, not before.
- Stay up-to-date on new vaccine appointment information. Follow the health department via their email newsletter and social media accounts, available at this link: http://health.hamiltontn.org/AllServices/Coronavirus(COVID-19)/ConnectWithUs.aspx.
- Download and print the Health Department’s new bilingual poster “COVID-19 Vaccine Registration Information” at this link: https://bit.ly/2YFsVOy
Health Department COVID-19 Hotline: 423-209-8383
First Dose Appointment Call Center: 423-209-5398
Second Dose Appointment Call Center: 423-209-5399
Spanish Appointment Call Center: 423-209-5384
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram by clicking the logo images below:
Click Here to Subscribe to the Newsletter
Hamilton County Health Department
921 East Third Street, Chattanooga
TN 37403 United States
You received this email because you signed up on our website.